If you subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter, you surely have seen the number of resources available to those in Midtown and residents of the city of Indianapolis as we continue to navigate through these tough times with the outbreak of COVID-19. We’ve compiled all these resources below and will continue to keep this page up to date as we capture more information. For an even more extensive update, head to our partners over at Indy Midtown Magazine. We hope that everyone is staying healthy and safe during these strange times and are excited to come together again as a community once it is safe to do so. If you have information, key resources, or an uplifting story to include in our upcoming e-newsletter, social media, or this page, please contact email@example.com.
For more information on Mayor Hogsett’s plan to re-open Marion County, head here.
Employment/Unemployment & Business Resources
Supporting Local Businesses
Don’t just think about carry out meals at your favorite spot, some are making major changes to adapt to the closure and increase access to food. Check out how Liter House and other Sahm’s locations are evolving to serve your needs. And don’t forget about your favorite local stores and shops, too! Check social media or email/call your favorite local businesses to see if they are shipping or delivering their products. Or buy a gift card!
Supporting Midtown Workers & Families
Things You Can Do From Home
- Check out this extensive list of digital resources for parents with children at home.
- The Indy Learning Team posts its weekly Favorite Five – the five top educational activities to do with kids. Free downloadable resources range from preschoolers to 4th graders.
- The Indianapolis Opera continues to champion the vocal arts through a series of videos targeting K-12 students. Downloadable curricula help seasoned educators as well as parents-turned-educators craft an appropriate educational experience for students.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Facebook Live programs. Check them out with your kiddos!
- Newfields at Home offers virtual access to the natural beauty of the closed 52 acre site as well as how-to arts and crafts videos to spur creativity at home.
- Utilize Indianapolis Public Library Online
- Take 5 with Arts for Learning- livestream musical and visual arts
- Reconnecting to Our Waterways (ROW) offers its Illustrated Nature Guide for free download along with other resources to help students and their families creatively explore nearby urban natural spaces.
- Fitness classes at home with our friends from Haven Yoga Studio and Naptown Fitness
- IndyHub and Leadership Indianapolis digital programming and resources
Regretfully, we must cancel our 2nd Annual Tarkington Park Fest which was slated for June 6 until a safe date can be determined to host the event. We will be watching week to week and will provide updates to all as the situation develops. Don’t worry though, the festival will happen and together we will make it bigger and better than ever! Imagine how it will feel when we all emerge from our homes together to celebrate as a stronger community!