The Coil, Broad Ripple
Mixed-use development provides dramatic gateway to Broad Ripple
Midtown Indy and the Midtown Economic Council (MEC) were proud to be a part of the team supporting the addition of a mixed-use development to Broad Ripple. The Sheehan and Browning development opened in 2017.
The Coil project transformed the corner of College and Broad Ripple avenues, adding a conveniently located Fresh Thyme grocery store, as well as 151 luxury apartment units ranging from studio to 2-bedroom units and townhomes. Coil residents can easily walk to numerous restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, and the Monon Trail.
Midtown Indy and the MEC advocated for the TIF funding, rezoning, and variances needed for this project, which enabled the redevelopment of the former vacant gas station site into a gateway to Broad Ripple Village.
- Location: 6349 North College
- Total Development Budget: $30.9 million
- TIF Support: $5.7 million
- Residential Space: 131,000 sq. ft.
- Retail Space: 33,500 sq. ft.
- Apartment Units: 151
Use of TIF funds:
- Riverwalk promenade improvements
- Pedestrian street lighting
- Public street, sidewalk, and landscape improvements
- Public plaza
- Structured parking
- Demolition, site excavation, and prep
- Utility relocation and storm water management
© Midtown Indianapolis Inc. | Midtown Indy
3965 North Meridian Street, Suite G | Indianapolis, IN 46208