The Monumental Marathon is considered one of the 20 largest marathons in the U.S. and attracts participants from around the globe. Since the course includes a large chunk of Midtown, it’s worth paying attention to the rolling street closures. See map below.
Also, IndyGo reports that the event will generate significant service impacts. Most street closures and detours will go into effect when bus service starts Saturday morning and could last throughout the day.
- The Red Line station at Fall Creek/Ivy Tech will be closed until race completion at approximately 3:30 p.m. Riders traveling north must board at the Red Line station at 30th and Meridian streets.
- The Red Line station at Park Ave. will experience limited service, operating in two segments, one north of 38th Street and one south of 38th Street. Passengers continuing south of 38th Street should exit at the temporary stop at 38th Street and College Avenue and walk one block west to the Park Station. Passengers continuing north of 38th Street should exit at the Park Station and walk one block east to 38th Street and College Avenue.
- Route 19: All stops from 46th Street and Keystone Avenue to the Carson Transit Center (CTC.) All stops from 52nd Street and Keystone Avenue to 46th Street and Central Avenue.
- Route 28: All stops from Spring Mill Road and Kessler Boulevard to the CTC.
- Route 30: All stops from 30th Street and Dr Andrew J Brown Avenue to 19th Street and Belleview Place.
- Route 38: All stops from 38th Street and Cold Spring Road to the CTC.
- Route 39: All stops from 38th Street and Keystone Avenue to the CTC.
IndyGo encourages riders to allow extra time to reach their destination and to plan ahead. Real-time updates are available using Google Maps, the MyStop app and other trip planning tools.